Friday, July 3, 2009

Keebler Elves

My husband called today during his lunch break. I didn't answer the phone because I was scrubbing the garden tub in our bathroom. You know- the tub that when you buy the house has so much potential for relaxing baths, the one you picture yourself reclining in, bubbles and candles soothing away the day's stress- when in actuality, Ive never even taken a bath in it and the boys think it is their own personal mini pool. Yes- that tub. I digress, I am scrubbing the tub that I never use that has a ring of scum which did not come from my body and didn't answer the phone. When I call him back, I tell him why I didn't answer before and he says
"Why are you on a cleaning kick?"
"Excuse me?" I ask "What are you talking about?"
"Why are you cleaning the tubs out today?" he explains.
"I do the bleach scrub every couple of weeks! How do you think it gets clean? I clean the sinks every day! How do you think your little facial hairs get from the sink to the trash?" He better be glad that he is safely 30 minutes away at work by this point.
His answer?
"I don't know. I guess I never thought about it."
Ah.
So, apparently, the Keebler Elves are coming in and cleaning at night whilst he slumbers.
Oh how I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment