Friday, July 3, 2009

The Big One

My oldest child, my first born, my little thinker, my sweetheart.
I love this kid. He has always been a little 'too old' for his age. He started feeding himself when he was nine months, he was running like a maniac by the time he was one, he spoke in 3 and 4 word sentences at 18 months. He never played with baby toys. He always acted old. He still does that. He uses these big words (correctly, even) and orders his own food at restaurants. He is four.
Every night he tells me he loves me to the moon and back to which I am to reply I love him to the Sun and back and then we are to proceed through the heavens until reaching the 'I love you til forever'. He tells me what to say on a regular basis, and I am his personal soundtrack for all Thomas playtimes. He will be acting out a particular Thoma scene and declare "Sing the docks song mama!" which is my cue to provide the background music to his mind's feature film.
I wonder what he will be when he grows up. He says he is going to be a doctor and Katie, his betrothed, is going to be a princess.
He can be a bit of a booger to his little brother, but most of the time he is The Little One's biggest fan. They are currently running from bedroom to playroom and back again laughing at some insanity.
I love my mini grown up!

No comments:

Post a Comment