Friday, July 10, 2009

For John.

Life is just one big bumpy waiting in line so long that you forget you are already on it kind of ride.

Last night I spent the better part of my evening chatting with my dear friend, John. He and I met in college and were crazy friends from day one. I cant think of many people that I enjoy their company quite as much as I enjoy his. Of course, as is the standard when talking to friends from the old days, we started trotting down memory lane. It's funny to me how I can remember more things that I did when I was hanging out with that man than that I did last week! lol
One thing I always think about when I think about the past is how different a person I am now from 15 years ago. Not sure if I am a better person, but definitely a different person.

It is weird how things turn out because we spent about four years not even talking- not because of some friendship brawl that derailed our friendship. Just because of life and how it sometimes gets in the way- swelling like a balloon til you cant even see around it to all the things you used to love. I forget that he doesn't already know everything that has happened the last few years. Like it is just a given that he was there for any and all happenings- and vice versa for me as well- like his life was on hold and I cant quite picture it as it is now.

The last time we got together was at my wedding almost 6 years ago. Where has the time gone?
So- lesson for today, don't ever take one moment of friendship for granted. The relationships we have with people throughout our life is what dictates our life.

Love you J!

No comments:

Post a Comment